2005/07/11

Jim Johnson cites an op-ed piece written by John Danforth, US Ambassador to the UN, entitled Onward, Moderate Christian Soldiers. This bit stuck out for me:
In recent years, conservative Christians have presented themselves as representing the one authentic Christian perspective on politics. With due respect for our conservative friends, equally devout Christians come to very different conclusions.
...
Like conservative Christians, we attend church, read the Bible and say our prayers.

But for us, the only absolute standard of behavior is the commandment to love our neighbors as ourselves.

1 comment:

Eric said...

i say this as a registered Republican...it bugs me to hear fundamentalists say that Jesus is a Republican.

I may be on the conservative side on some issues, but not on others.

I'm a Christian first. I vote with my spirit and heart not with my party.